From Moscow to St Petersburg, delve into the history and culture of Russia
This is the perfect tour of Russia’s glorious past. Surround yourself with culture, history and breathtaking architecture and get beneath the surface of a country that for so long guarded their treasures from the west.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS TRIP
- Join in local life and customs as you share a meal in a Russian home in the fairytale-like Golden Ring town of Suzdal
- Soak up the atmosphere of Moscow’s Red Square and Kremlin, which has for centuries been at the very centre of Russian history
- Marvel at the opulence of Peter the Great’s grand palace gardens and fountains of Peterhof
- Discover treasure-upon-treasure at the incredible art collection housed in St Petersburg’s Hermitage Museum, the former Winter Palace of Catherine the Great
IS THIS TRIP RIGHT FOR YOU?
- This trip is a comfortable way to see the highlights and learn the history of Russia’s most iconic sights, using private transport and high-speed day trains.
- We pack a lot in to this short itinerary, so be prepared for full days of activities. We highly recommend staying additional days in St Petersburg and Moscow to get the most out of these fascinating destinations.
- It’s best to pack luggage that you’ll be able to comfortably carry, as you’ll have to do so yourself for the duration of the trip (to-and-from hotel and on-and-off transportation).
- Suzdal – Home-cooked dinner
- Suzdal – Guided Walking Tour
- Moscow – Kremlin & Armoury Guided Tour
- Moscow – Lenin’s Mausoleum
- St Petersburg – Hermitage Museum
- St Petersburg – Peterhof Park & Fountains