Travel from historical Hanoi to modern Ho Chi Minh City on a solo-traveller-only adventure.
Capture the spirit of magical Vietnam on this compact tour from the colonial charm of Hanoi to the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City, on this new adventure, designed for solo travellers only. Sip coffee with locals in Hanoi and shop up a storm in the Old Quarter, cruise along emerald waters on a Halong Bay boat trip, travel through old-world Hue and Hoi An, and get lost in the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City. This is an adventure full of beauty and contrast that introduces Vietnam as a country of incredible food, lively locals, stunning scenery and cosmopolitan cities.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS TRIP
- This is our most popular trip in Vietnam, and one of the top trips from the entire Intrepid range
- See the very best that Vietnam has to offer in just 10 days as you traverse the country from top to bottom with a small group of up to 15 new friends.
- Travel by boat, train, plane, private bus, taxi and even on the back of a motorbike!
- Sample local food wherever you go, from a seafood dinner on Halong Bay, street snacks at markets, a meal at a buddhist nunnery, coconut candy and tropical fruits in the Mekong Delta, and a final dinner at KOTO restaurant.
- Settle in for the night and experience an overnight train journey, starting from Hanoi and waking up ready to head out and explore Hue.
- Have expert advice on hand the whole way with an experienced local leader to help you get the best out of your time in Vietnam.
- Visit some of the must see sights with your group such as a walking tour in Hoi An and the War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City, as well as enjoy free time to make your own discoveries.
IS THIS TRIP RIGHT FOR YOU?
- This trip is for solo travellers only. If you’re planning an adventure with a friend, family member or partner, we’ve got heaps of other trips you can travel on! If you’re planning to travel on your own, with a group of other solo travellers, this trip might be just what you’re looking for.
- We cover a lot of distance on this trip, including an overnight train from Hanoi to Hue (approx 12 hours). Compartments are on a mixed gender basis and you may be sharing with locals or travellers from other groups. For more about what this experience is like, see our blog post here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/what-to-expect-on-an-overnight…
- The sightseeing tour by motorbike in Hue is great fun with bikes driven safely by professionals (and helmets provided), but alternative transport can be arranged for those who would prefer not to travel by motorbike.
- Depending on where you come from, the weather in Vietnam might be hotter and more humid than what you are used to. We recommend checking online for what the typical temperatures will be at the time of the year you are looking to travel to see what to expect – this website might be useful: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/vietnam/weather-in-vietnam
- Some travellers find the pace of this trip quite fast as we are covering a lot of destinations in a short amount of time. If you would like a more relaxed pace with more time to explore, you might like to consider a longer trip, or additional days in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
- Halong Bay – Overnight boat cruise
- Hue – Imperial Citadel
- Hue – Perfume River cruise & Thien Mu Pagoda
- Hue – Royal tomb
- Hue – Motorbike trip including lunch
- Hoi An – Old Town walking tour
- Ho Chi Minh City – War Remnants Museum
- Ho Chi Minh City – City tour
- HCMC – Mekong Delta day trip including coconut gardens visit and village tuk tuk tour
- HCMC – KOTO dinner